- Journalism has always been a passion of mine from the time I was in high school and writing for my high school newspaper the Purple Pulse over 20 years ago. I’m introducing this passion back into my life through taking a digital photojournalism course at Wayne State University.
- Photojournalism also serves as a creative outlet. I think of myself as a storyteller/artist with a camera. I’m excited to begin my blog so that I can share my insights, expertise, passions and concerns as a citizen journalist.
- I graduated from U of M Dearborn with a Bachelor Degree in General Studies. I then went on to Graduate School and received a Master’s Degree in Dispute Resolution and Urban Planning from Wayne State University.
- I’m a mother of two sons and I also am a RYT-Certified yoga instructor.
- I’m an avid runner and have completed 9 marathons and ultra marathons. I enjoy running and exploring my environment and started taking photos of things I would see during my runs which drew me further into photography.
- I also love to travel and hope this blog/journal will take me on various adventures in the future. I also have always been interested in people and their stories. I recently became a Lyft driver which has opened up a whole new world of storytelling.